This apprenticeship does not just provide a solid basis for a professional career; it is also surprising in terms of the many possibilities offered in this specialist area. The minimum requirement for this training position is a completed secondary education (German Realschulabschluss or equivalent), with good marks in maths, physics, chemistry and German. This 3½-year training programme lets you familiarise yourself with the company’s various areas of activity.
The classroom-based part of the programme takes place at the Brinkstrasse trade school in Osnabrück (Germany).
The training programme includes:
- Installation, maintenance and repair of production plant equipment
- Troubleshooting and fault repair in electrical switchgear
- Adjustment and optimisation of programmable process-control systems
- Familiarisation with measurement and control equipment systems
- Repair and installation from scratch of electrical drive systems
- Maintenance of medium-voltage power systems.
“I decided to go for an apprenticeship in electronics for industrial purposes at KÄMMERER because I wanted to get to know as many aspects of the job as possible. We started off with basic metalworking techniques, combined with off-site training at GMH Akademie GmbH in Georgsmarienhütte. Then we were sent to an electrical workshop. The training programme teaches us about the tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of production plant equipment. The wide-ranging ideas on how to change and optimise the different task areas make the job really interesting and varied. Helpful trainers and workmates create a pleasant working atmosphere for us apprentices. The relaxed atmosphere and top-quality training are the main things to consider when it comes to an apprenticeship at KÄMMERER.”
(electronics technician, 25 years old)